Introduced in late 2011, it set the standard for full 1073s in 500 Series format. With its impressive 3 slot wide chassis, it is essentially a reformatted 80 Series HA1073, employing the same cards and components in the same modular construction technique.
Completely hand wired and built like a tank, the HA1073/500 will bring the same quality and prestige to your studio as its 80 Series brother.
It was updated in 2013 to the Anniversary Edition, which includes an output level control.
• Microphone input impedance: HI, 1200 Ohm minimum, LO, 300 Ohm minimum. Higher gain positions gradually have greater impedances, optimum for low gain ribbon mics. Input is transformer balanced and floating.
• Line input impedance: 10KOhms bridging, transformer balanced and floating.
• Output impedance: Less than 75 Ohms, transformer balanced and floating, to drive a load of 600 Ohms.
• Maximum output: Greater than +26dBu into 600 Ohms,
• THD: Less than 0.025% at 1Khz, Less than 0.05% at 100Hz.
• Frequency response :20Hz (+0.3dB) to 20Khz (-0.2dB).
• Maximum Gain: Slightly greater than 70dB.
• Noise: Less than -100dBu.
• Power consumption: Less than 80 mA per rail@+-16VDC
Didn’t buy these from Sweetwater (they just started carrying them), but I’ve now had this for about six months. I’ve owned all the 1073 clones (Avedis MA5, Great River, BAE, AMS/Neve, etc…) and this one really sounds like the vintage units that I’ve used. The upper mids are tame compared to other clones that can tend to be a little “laser beamy” in the 1-4khz range. Beatiful bottom and Neve-like top. EQ is excellent.
I’ve worked with a ton of pres and this one is my current favorite. I’ve got a Chandler TG2 in the rack as well and it’s also a favorite, just a different flavor and I’ve been leaning toward the Heritage lately. Maybe cause it’s the newest pre in the rack, haha. But if you want round/warm/thick, this does it. And the EQ can push the top end and clear the mud if you need it…it’s just extremely musical. For my indie folk tastes and needs, this one is perfect!